Under the supervision of the Team leaders,/DPM and with the technical support of the R&D, project coordinators and area coordinators, the Surveyors is responsible for quality data collection on prescribed forms from Households/individuals, as well responsible for conducting Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) to obtain information at village level and has reporting tasks in line with the quality criteria and strategy, and for developing open, mutually respectful, and accountable relationships with the target communities.
The ideal candidate shall have strong skills in conducting interviews, household and individual level surveys, FGDs. The candidate needs to be willing and able to travel regularly to various districts and villages for collection of data.
Objective 1 - Data collection activities
- To ensure the data collection from HH/Individual/villages on the daily basis as per the designed tools like MUAC, questionnaires related to nutrition, WASH, shelter and FSL as well as FGDs (for males).
- To ensure all the interviews planned for a day on the daily basis.
- Inquire about a variety of specific information given in the survey form.
- Gather information, record and encode correctly information from a survey
- To ensure the necessary items to carry out before starting the field work i.e,. forms, pens, pencils,erasers, etc.
- Ensure quality of data in terms of neat and clean entries in the forms with no missing information.
- Recognize the problems in obtaining data and share with District Field Coordinators and also proposed solution for them.
- Submit completed forms to the District Field Coordinators and Supervisors to discuss the daily progress.
- Review data gathered from survey to check its accuracy on daily basis.
- Keep the record and addresses of the HH for future consultation if needed.
- Ensure informed consent and respect confidentiality of information received.
- Ensure that respondents understand uniformly questions the way intended, as explained in training given to enumerators before carrying out the data-collection
- Support and cooperate with the supervisor in team building and better coordination.
- Male enumerators will have the additional responsibility to facilitate the female enumerators when they need their help during interview and the field movement/deployment.
- All the team members (surveyors) will cross check the filled forms of each other at the end of a day on daily basis.
Objective 2 – Beneficiary accountability
Ensure that all relations with the communities we work with are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner.
Ensure that communities are adequately consulted and informed about purpose of the data-collection and ensure no false responses are given/recorded
Orient community members about accountability mechanism and disseminate the telephone number
Objective 3 - General objectives
- Carry out all activities according to the objectives of the programme and the beneficiary involvement strategy.
- Ensure on time completion of the tasks in line with the workplan.
- Excellent in reading and understanding questionnaire in Engl
- At least Masters and higher qualification is required.
- Recent university graduate with strong data collection skills OR min. 2 years experience in working on large scale household/individual survey’s data collection.
- Experience as surveyor in public health & nutrition surveys would be an asset.
- The candidate will work six days a week (Monday to Saturday) excluding Sundays
Note: Minorities, people with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.