We are one of the largest insurance brokers in the UAE and looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer (Node.Js). In order to qualify for the role, you should be available as per the working hours and interested in a long-term committed project.
- 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM GST or 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM GST Sundays to Thursdays
- 9:00 AM to 1:00 pm GST Saturdays
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build high-performance, secure backend API.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent Node.js applications with clean code.
- Translate system requirements into functional features.
- Integrate third-party APIs.
- Design and maintain database schemas.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Ensuring code quality and standards while meeting deadlines and delivering targets set by the product team.
- Interface with stakeholders.
- Any other projects and tasks assigned by Manager.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
Comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages but have expertise in backend.
- Team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
- Experience in API development using ExpressJS.
- Experience using Typescript
- Experience in MySQL. NoSQL is a plus.
- Proficiency in Git-based source code management.
- Working experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to write unit and integration tests.
- Experienced with Linux commands.
- Cloud deployment experience
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience in React, plus.
- Minimum. 4 year of experience working with NodeJS