Inqline is an AI company with offices in United States, Pakistan, and the Philippines. We are looking for a self-motivated, flexible, and energetic individual to join our Data Science team. The selected candidate will be working as a member of the product development team. The ideal candidate must have sound knowledge and a minimum of 4 years of Data Science experience in an open-source technologies environment.
Inqline is a young company with significant momentum, and at this early stage, the Data Scientist will work cross-functionally with Product Management and Engineering.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or a higher education degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics
Data Science skills
- Experience with solving machine learning problems using Python
- Knowledge and experience of using a variety of machine learning techniques (supervised/unsupervised, clustering, decision tree learning, neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks/tuning techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of using advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, and proper usage, etc.) for practical applications.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn, Featuretools, Auto-sklearn, Matplotlib, Seaborn, etc.
- Explore new machine learning algorithms, and apply them to real-world business applications.
- Deploy Machine Learning models to production, and develop its integration or basic front-end skills (e.g., a predictive web app).
- Knowledge and experience in implementing end to end Data Engineering pipelines
- Understanding and experience with post-production model monitoring.
- Help users discover the Inqline platform and master its use by providing training to users with a wide range of backgrounds and skill levels (data science, IT, analysts, managers, etc)
- A critical part of the Research and Development team
- Design, develop, and test algorithms and Code for Feature Selection, Feature Engineering, Clustering, and Classification.
- Research and Development of new methods for Enhanced Results
- Be part of the Design and Development of Machine Learning systems and handle relevant Deployment and Production issues
- Proficient in Python for data science. Bash scripting is a plus.
- Experience in distributed data/computing tools: Must know Postgresql and others are nice to have. Such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Postgresql, etc.
- Understanding of writing/interacting with web APIs, preferably REST/JSON
- Knowledge of various databases - Relational, NoSql, document, columnar
System Engineering Skills
- Understanding of system engineering concepts and working in a Linux-based environment (OS fundamentals etc). Ubuntu and CentoOS/RHEL mainly.
- High-level understanding of the cloud ecosystem, working with containers (Docker, etc.).
- General understanding of concepts SSH, TLS, network connectivity, firewalls, authentication, and authorization, etc that are required in any enterprise-grade service architecture/solution.
Years of Experience:
A minimum of 4 years of experience is a must requirement to apply for the position.