Looking for Database Administrator, who has the passion, aspirations and ability to take up backup, recovery, scalability and availability of modern, high performance databases and data warehouse solutions for big data platforms that includes other components including Hadoop, Kafka etc.
- This role leverages the full skillset requirements of a DBA from operational support, deep performance tuning, design advisory service for our App/Dev communities and DBA cross-platform training.
- Responsible for implementation, tuning and ongoing administration of Big Data infrastructure on Hadoop cluster and other NoSQL platforms.
- Manage end-to-end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning using a variety of open source and developed toolsets.
- Implement Microservices/Ansible automation solutions across all aspects of the environments including installation, configuration, monitoring and utilization.
- Collaborate with PMs, Production Support, Development, Architecture, and other Infrastructure teams, providing design recommendations, driving standards for effective implementations.
- Ensure the databases have security standards implemented which comply with Cyber Security, Risk and Audit requirements.
- Perform all levels of production and SDLC DBA support such as but not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate patching and upgrades.
- Conduct disaster recovery and sustained resiliency tests.
- Manage database backup and recovery.
- Participate in on-call rotation as part of 24x7 Follow-the-Sun support model.
- Provide performance tuning support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database/application issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum 5 years DBA experience with large enterprise level clusters.
- Minimum 3 years DBA experience supporting Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HBase, HDFS, Kafka, Zookeeper, Yarn, different data file formats and NoSQL engines.
- DBA production support experience on at least one of the following DBMS platforms is an advantage: MongoDB, SQL Server, Redshift or Greenplum
- Expert communication, facilitation, and collaboration skills necessary to present, explain, and advise partners as a subject matter expert.
- Experience in security configuration for Hadoop clusters using Kerberos or Sophia.
- Significant scripting skills in Python, Perl, Java, Korn shell and AWK a must.
- Strong skills in project management methodologies like Agile, Kanban, and DevOps.
- Experience with ETL processes.
- The ability to understand and adhere to firm incident, change and problem management processes.
- Experience working in a 24x7 enterprise level support environment supporting business critical applications. Flexibility is a must.
- Infrastructure architecture & engineering experience, including functional and technical requirements gathering, and solution development.