Main job includes designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform. Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability. Bug fixing and improving application performance.
· Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
· Work with outside data sources and API's.
· Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
· Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
· Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
· Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
· Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
· Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
· Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
· Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
· Hands on experience on using Java/ Kotlin to develop Android App
· Experience as a technical expert on the Android platform and competency with industry standard libraries
· Have experience in Dagger2, Rxjava2, Retrofit2, Google maps, social media platform, chat
· Very good with UI and Core Architectural Design patterns
· Solid experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests, must be familiar with Junit, Mockito and Espresso
· Experience with source code versioning tools, specifically Github
· Deep experience working on a team of Android engineers building and maintaining large scale apps, or apps that you have built personally
· Passion for quality and best practices
· Extensive experience integrating with RESTful web service APIs
· Knowledge of agile project management with cross functional teams, using Jira and Confluence.
· Job Location – Dubai, UAE / Remote
· Salary & Benefits – To be discussed
· Availability – As soon as possible