- Participate in opening meetings with process owners to explain the scope and objectives of the audit engagement to provide an overview of all steps in the audit process.
- Develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits and document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives. Identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes.
- Develop a risk based test plan by selecting appropriate audit approach, test procedures and sampling criteria based on defined internal audit methodology.
- Evaluate the adequacy of process design and the effectiveness of controls in meeting business and control objectives. Identify and document control and process weaknesses and provide evidential support for findings.
- Lead internal audit assignments adequately as per annual Internal Audit plan.
- Timely completion of internal audit activity and keep line manager informed regarding assurance activity.
- Propose practical and value added recommendations to address control weaknesses and/or process inefficiencies.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Perform and lead transaction audit.
Audit Finalization and Reporting
- Participate in closing meetings with process owner at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues.
- Prepare audit reports and effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to the department.
- Display mutual respect within the team as well as with peers, associates and supervisor to deliver quality output.
Internal / External Relations
- Demonstrate a healthy and positive relationship with auditee and handle situations, like disagreement with auditee, in cordial and intellectual manner without compromising on audit objective.
- ACCA Finalist
- 2-3 years of relevant experience preferably in Internal Audit from a reputed audit firm