This is a Technical position responsible for the configuration, installation, operations, support and security of the Company’s databases. This position requires more than 5 years of experience in both SQL Server operations and Business Intelligence development skills. Develop methodology for the ongoing assessment of database performance and the identification of problem areas.
Required experience / skills:
- Professional experience in data/business analytics or comparable analytics position
- Relational database and SQL skills in SQL Server or other database platform and creating automated processes for data pulls and updates
- Experience with creating interactive visualizations of data
- Experience in designing and delivering large cross-functional custom reporting systems by managing technical teams
- Experience in designing OLAP cubes and associated relational model
- Large data storage solution management
- Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence systems operation and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Cube development and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services ETL process development and maintenance
- Develop security scheme for the database environment, as well as assisting in disaster recovery if necessary.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Proven experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Proven experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server. Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or Quantitative discipline
- Certification is a highly desired including but not limited to MCDBA.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, (2012 is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness and ability to learn, adapt and apply new technologies like Cloud computing and big data when needed
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Technical documentation skills
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques