We are looking for a detail-oriented Freight Desk Sales Specialist/Truck Dispatcher to sign up & dispatch our drivers to customer locations.
In this role, your duties will include on boarding & communicating with our customers to record their requirements, planning and adjusting routes, as well as scheduling drivers to deliver or collect freight, shipments, and packages.
This is a two-step job; you will be responsible for both sales & client management for the truckers that you sign on with us.
Good Communications skills are a must, product training will be provided on the job!
• Signing up truck operators. Scheduling drivers to make freight deliveries or collect shipments and packages.
• Communicating with customers about freight details, delivery or pickup times, and special handling requests.
• Planning pre-determined routes and accommodating route changes as needed.
• Preparing dispatch documents, as well as generating freight bills and invoices.
• Maintaining records of dispatched calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery and pickup times.
• Keeping track of transportation regulations and laws to ensure that truck drivers comply.
• Reviewing drivers’ logs, including dispatched calls and arrival times.
• Logging customer shipping schedules and complaints.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Prior experience in Transportation or Logistics would be advantageous.
• 2-3 years of experience in sales and customer service is a MUST!
Gross salary package is open to negotiation depending on relevant experience and expertise. Handsome commission structure for each new sign up as well!
• Exceptional ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and dispatch drivers to customer locations.
• Experience in customer services, as well as generating bills and invoices.
• Experience with Transportation Management Software (TMS) would be a PLUS!
• Proficiency in office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
• Ability to monitor drivers' logs.
• Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and laws.
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.