Blendtolearn is seeking a successful, experienced Proposal Writer to join our dynamic team as a Freelancer. This position will be responsible for implementing and managing the process for all company new business proposals and support the sales team in the creation of all sales proposals This role will also be responsible for determining budgets and contract review approvals necessary to formulate a complete and comprehensive proposal. This will include the assembly, writing and complete preparation of our sales proposals and presentations.
- Ownership and accountability for the completion and quality of all business proposals
- Prepare cost estimates on projects, determine pricing and sign off on all proposals for large projects with Operations and Finance.
- Ensure effective communication and should be based on the conference.
- Manage/track all aspects of proposal preparation, revision and submission; coordinate inputs from all departments; and coordinate internal reviews with upper management.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to organize, interpret and make recommendations regarding response direction.
- Participate in developing key differentiators. Identify customer references to be considered.
- Ability to conceptualize and write compelling, marketing-oriented proposal using proposal archives or from scratch as required.
- Develop written questions and seek clarification from procurement throughout the RFP process and remain current on all amendments and modifications.
- Interact with subcontractors, vendors, and other entities associated with proposal development.
- Create, format, and edit Power Point presentations and other related materials in support of confidential discussions or marketing efforts.
- Generate proposal templates and maintain and improve upon the existing proposal library.
- Work on multiple proposals, balancing milestones and due dates of each.
- Coordinate proposal printing, assembling, mailing/shipping as required.
- Develop Power Point presentations and other related materials in support of proposals or marketing efforts.
- Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of successfully developing winning bids and proposals and interviewing subject experts
- Demonstrated ability to describe complex concepts and services and develop the level of detail required in response to RFPs.
- Excellent skills in writing clear and focused copy that meets company strategy and objectives
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and excellent follow through skills
- Positive, energetic attitude, and initiative; Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time
- Comfortable working in hands-on, deadline-driven environment