The role is working as a Content Manager for a well-established, multi-national Education company that specialises in education and training products/courses. You will be working normal hours (minimum 40 hours a week) from your home as a remote working employee parallel to the UK working time (during office hours) Monday to Friday. As a Content Manager, you will work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, Social Media Manager, Course Manager, and the wider marketing team, along with e-commerce, Buying and Merchandising, and course development to ensure a joined-up approach and apply consistency and expertise.
You will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing the overall company's content strategy and managing a team for the creation and production of online marketing content. This role is critical to the success of the company's marketing strategy and the engagement of the brands.
Content Managers will also take a key role in cross-department projects.
- Deliver the content strategy in line with short-term and long-term marketing goals.
- Create, edit, publish and monitor content assets in line with the marketing plan.
- Create merchandising plans, collaborating with designers, to own new product and collection executions across the site.
- Work closely with the SEO team to define SEO best practices to deliver an audience-led strategy for the content.
- Brainstorms and collaborates with the Marketing Team to develop new ideas and content, including campaigns, content tactics (blogs, e-books, video, infographics, etc.)
- Leads the content creation process and ensures the production of innovative, relevant, and thought-leading material (editorials, white papers, video, presentations, blog posts, website content, adverts, newsletters, infographics, etc.)
- Informed by business intelligence, consumer/customer and industry insights, market trends, research findings, create content relevant to each of Live Area’s audience groups (prospects, partners, clients, employees, analysts, etc.) and working with the Marketing Team ensures that it’s delivered and amplified through the appropriate channels (email campaigns, digital marketing, social media, print, video, etc.)
- Manages the content creation process ensuring a smooth delivery
- Takes full responsibility for the publication of the blogs, articles, and all web and social media content.
- Ensures individual tasks of writing are completed on time and quality.
- Appraises the quality of work carried out by content writers and reports to senior management.
- Advises cross-department managers on the services required by particular content writing tasks (e.g., turnaround times or specialist editing).
- Resolves complex queries independently and acts as an escalation point from the content writers.
- Scopes the definition of department project requirements, goals, and deliverable schedules in accordance with KPIs.
- Monitors project progress, risks, and issues reports on key metrics, and uses initiative and judgment to address projects that are going off track and escalate to the senior management team as appropriate.
- Creates and embeds workflow streamlining possibilities and new metadata requirements as required, liaising with content writers, Digital marketers, course developers, and IT and operating within a lean framework.
- Takes responsibility for the quality of metadata accompanying contents, as required by the business.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years content marketing experience
- 2+ Content Management, Marketing, and editorial experience
- Management skills and experience
- Skills and experience in creative content writing and excellent grammar.
- Experience in SEO content creation and optimisation.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts and best practices.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ability to work and make decisions both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates ability to keep multiple projects on schedule at any one time.
- Strong written and in-person communication and time management skills.
- Ability to thrive and enjoy working within a constantly changing environment.
- Creative thinker. Comes up with new and interesting approaches to content creation (e.g., brainstorming blog and thought leadership content that puts a new lens on topics).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting workloads.
- Hands-on experience with MS Office application and WordPress.
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
At BA Training Group we are committed to being an inclusive organisation that provides equality of opportunity to all in terms of employment, recruitment, and the service we provide to our customers. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.