Constellation is seeking an ambitious and talented individual to join our team in the role of a Senior Systems Administrator. You would be responsible for improving infrastructure and availability of our applications and systems. Additional responsibilities include supporting active directory, group policy, security, company assets (desktops/laptops, internal systems, networks, servers, as well as cloud-based applications. As a member of the Helpdesk team, this position demonstrates an artisan level mastery of desktop support, network, server support, and a dedication to heightened analysis, customer service, process improvement and documentation.
Are you passionate about new technology? Do you eagerly await Apple's product announcements and CES? Do you have a knack for customer service and helping people? If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk with you about joining Constellation Real Estate Group's IT team! Constellation is seeking an ambitious and talented individual to join our team in the role of a Senior Systems Administrator. You would be responsible for improving infrastructure and availability of our applications and systems. Additional responsibilities include supporting active directory, group policy, security, company assets (desktops/laptops, internal systems, networks, servers, as well as cloud-based applications. As a member of the Helpdesk team, this position demonstrates an artisan level mastery of desktop support, network, server support, and a dedication to heightened analysis, customer service, process improvement and documentation.
- Provide ongoing management & support for server room infrastructure
- Develop and maintain existing infrastructure & processes
- Provide Tier 2+ support for employees, workstations and applications including:
- Desktop, laptop and server support: Troubleshooting, repair, installs, upgrades, etc.
- OS Support: Windows 10, Windows 7; Mac OS; Server 2016/2012, 2008
- Maintain site servers and hosted web applications, ensuring uptime and site responsiveness
- Collaborate with IT Manager and larger team to meet everyday support and project deliverables
- Assist with technical mentorship of helpdesk team
- Network Support: Troubleshooting network issues and VPN connections
- Network Administration: Responsibility for and management of Active Directory user accounts and resource permissions
- Disaster Recovery: Virus/spyware removal, email/browser repair, PC restore, etc.
- Training (Home and business): Computer and software, Internet, Office, Outlook, etc.
- Strong knowledge of all Microsoft desktop and server products.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and willingness required to drive tasks to completion.
- Works closely with fellow System Administrators to identify and resolve issues, as well as provide a communications path between users and the IT team.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form.
- Must work cooperatively with both onsite and remote team members.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, be a self-starter and team player. Strong attention to detail and a customer focused attitude.
- Ability to make decisions in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the organizational unit to which assigned work initiatives
- 5+ years recent experience
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server operating systems & technologies (.NET, IIS, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience working with various Linux distributions (Red Hat/CentOS preferred)
- 2+ years of experience with server virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, Xen, etc.)
- Familiarity and operational knowledge of open source systems in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- 3+ years' experience network and computer support including Windows and Mac OS
- 3+ years' experience software problem resolution, which includes off the shelf products from Microsoft, proprietary applications, and cloud-based applications.
- Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills including experience with related tools
- Proficiency in scripting technologies desired (PowerShell, Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
- Experience managing highly-available production and campus networks
- Proficiency in working with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Proficiency working with other DevOps tools (e.g. Octopus, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining continuous integration pipelines
- Ability to manage network and desktop support for 200+ user multi-floor facilities including servers, backup devices, switches and cabling with minimal supervision
- Experience supporting a wide range of desktop and server issues
- Experience with various monitoring packages (e.g. Zabbix, nagios, cacti, munin, etc.)
- Experience working with Puppet or other configuration management systems
- Operational experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Skilled with all Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft operating systems, and Active Directory administration
- Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager a plus
- Microsoft Certifications (MCP, MCSA) a plus
- Exceptional organization and communications skills
- Regularly uses PC & phone equipment
- May occasionally require after-hours or off-shift duties to complete upgrades and maintenance
Constellation Software is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additionally, Constellation Software offers comprehensive training and full benefit options including; medical, dental, vision, paid days off, holidays, 401K match, career growth and opportunity for advancement!
Exciting Benefits we offer:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage – Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Profit Sharing Plan [Tenured Employees Only]
- Life Benefit
- Child Care Facility
- Company Provided Lunch/Dinner
- Professional Development Budget
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment
- Leave Encashment