This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. He/she is responsible to lead and oversee the development and growth of profitable existing and new businesses; develop and maintain effective key customer relationships as well as ensure business growth through directing and managing business development activities related to the products or projects assigned to him/her. The main responsibilities are to develop a sales and marketing strategy for all Edbiz’s and Cambridge IFA’s revenue generating activities and to implement a programme of activities to deliver this strategy and achieve the target revenues (specifically for sponsorship, awards fee, advertising and publication sales). He/she is expected to work closely with the Sales and Marketing support team to identify needs and create customized offerings for the clients.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in devising the business development strategy in consultation with the CEO.
• Develop new business and long term account opportunities through prospecting and cold calling.
• Develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans designed to maintain and increase existing business and capture new opportunities.
• Manage web/telephone and email based enquiries related to the assigned projects.
• Undertake desk based research to support management in identifying new lead opportunities.
• Ensure information related to products/projects are updated on the website on a regular basis, i.e. at least once a week.
· Identifying potential clients, markets and business relations.
• Manage social media campaign of the assigned products/projects.
• Maintain and increase personal knowledge of priority sectors; market trends and routes to market for improved effectiveness within a sales support function.
• Maintain an excellent client relationship with existing and potential clients.
• Maintain and update clients and contacts database.
REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Business Administration (preferably in marketing) or related field of study preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ of working experience in business development or marketing is required.
- Have proven organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Strong team player with a focus on delivering results with high standards.
- Ability to work effectively with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity and aptitude to undertake research and collate information as required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and able to engage with the respective clients.
- Independent, resourceful, pro-active and a great team player.
- A highly organised and meticulous person with the capacity to identify issues and participate in their resolutions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- High level of negotiation and networking skills.
- Ability to think “big picture” to generate forward planning.
- Work closely with the CEO to strategies and plan all activities and initiatives.
- Work and liaise with other departments within the company.
- Institutions within the Islamic financial services industry.
- Professional Bodies.
- Government ministries and agencies
- Any other relevant stakeholders