Reporting to the CEO and part of executive management team, this board level strategic role is responsible for the finance and taxation, treasury and risk management, legal/governance, HR/IT and corporate operations. This is a pivotal role within the organisation at a time of rapid growth and modernisation. The role will require working closely with the CEO, Senior Management, the Board and the Advisory Board to deliver and operate a modern Oil Marketing Company.
Responsibilities as CFO
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives
- Maintains market awareness of industry trends, opportunities and turns
- Drives operational accuracy, efficiency and scalability through systems and process enhancements and IT infrastructure
- Ensures timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Develops budgets for new business growth and strategy
- Prepares and presents financial statements, balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial documentation
- Works with the financial control team to establish controls and metrics
- Provides executive management with recommendations on the financial implications of business operations and activities
- Works with corporate consul/advisors on M&A, financing and structuring documents
- Interface with auditors and tax advisors to advance company goals and objectives
Other Operational Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership over corporate operations and collaborates with department leaders to ensure successful operations
- Provides timely and accurate reporting of operational metrics and key performance indicators to drive business growth and profitability
- Leads the development and execution of an annual operating plan that fully supports the company’s strategic plan and annual budget
- Leads efforts to refine and implement profitability management processes, including utilization metrics and expense control at the operating unit level
- Develop and maintain the organisation’s structure and processes and provide for effective management succession for all internal operations.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other directors to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Leads efforts for developing and implementing Company’s ESG and CSR policies and activities
- Provide administrative direction to all levels of the company in support of HSE&Q objectives
- Provide leadership and guidance for all HSE&Q legal requirements pertaining to business activities and communicate these requirements to the Board and company management for review and implementation
- Responsible for developing and overseeing effective HR and IT functions
- Responsible for legal and regulatory matters impacting the Company’s operations
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position
- Leadership – To be an effective business partner, one must have the necessary leadership and communication skills. They must give advice and counsel as well as provide a voice of reason.
They should possess a strong understanding of the company's business model and industry and be able to use this knowledge to provide an independent perspective and to constructively challenge the commercial and operations teams, ensuring that business decisions are grounded in solid financial criteria.
- Controls – To ensure adequate assessment and mitigation of risk as well as compliance with applicable regulatory or other legal requirements.
- Strategy – Supporting strategy development and helping enable its execution. Also plays a role in prioritizing and ensuring the strategy can be funded.
Qualification and Experience:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant from a recognized institute e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW), CPA or similar
- MBA from a recognised business school in Pakistan or abroad will be beneficial
- Strong financial management experience: ideally has worked in a senior management role in another high growth environment preferably within Oil & Gas sector
- progressive experience leading to at least 10+ years experience in financing / financial management and operations management
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal
- Experience in raising equity/debt capital
- Experience working with C-Suite and the Board in providing strategic input and support