Trapeze Central Europe, a division of Constellation Software Inc., provides enterprise solutions that consider the full 360 degrees of transport. The company has grown its solution portfolio and global presence to become one of the world’s leading companies of software solutions and intelligent transport systems. Trapeze Group provides its solutions to public and private transport organizations and authorities across Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific.
The successful applicant for this position will work as part of a team at Contour Software - Lahore, which is responsible for the development and maintenance of a complex commercial software application used by large public transport organizations and public authorities to manage their network and timetable data, and driver and vehicle assignments, to name a few areas.
The work will involve working with map and GIS components, demanding graphical user interfaces, import and export programs, complex business logic and managing the local team with the co-ordination of the other team lead.
Technical Skills Required:
- 8-15 years of predominantly Microsoft C# and .NET software development experience using Object Oriented methodology.
- Experience with HTML, HTML 5, CSS, DHTML, XML & Silverlight.
- Familiar with cross browser compatibility and browser debugging.
- Assembly, deployment, troubleshooting, and monitoring experience of JS applications together with C# server-based applications on IIS 7 and later.
- Good relational database skills and SQL knowledge (SQL optimization, views), specifically a few years of hands on experience with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle databases and associated toolsets.
- Experienced in using object-relational mapping frameworks for data persistence, ideally the n-Hibernate ORM framework.
- Hands on experience with Windows Server environments.
- Experience working in an Agile software development process, ideally in a Scrum organized team or another iterative software development process framework like e.g. IBM Rational Unified Process (RUP).
- Experience working in a team environment using a software versioning and revision control system, ideally Apache Subversion (SVN), at least Concurrent Versions System (CVS).
- Experience troubleshooting bugs and performance bottlenecks in a production environment.
Other Skills, Capabilities & Education Requirements:
- Bachelors/ Masters degree (preferably Computer Science or Information Systems) or software development / programming certifications.
- Team-orientation and the ability to lead, manage and coach other developers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of courtesy, efficiency and professionalism when communicating with colleagues, internal and maybe external customers.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills, including the ability to understand and communicate complex technical information.
- Demonstrated ability to solve moderate to complex application problems independently.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Contour Software is committed to provide exciting learning opportunities, quality of work, and work-life balance to its employees.
Our benefit package includes:
- Market-leading Salary
- Medical Coverage Self & Dependents
- Parents Medical Coverage
- Provident Fund
- Employee Performance-based bonuses
- Home Internet Subsidy
- Conveyance Allowance
- Life Benefit
- Professional Development Budget
- Leaves Encashment
- Recreational area for in-house games
- Sporadic On-shore training opportunities
- Friendly work environment