Technical assistance to WHH partners for smooth implementation of MEAL operations (in Sindh)
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), a German NGO, is working in Sindh from 2011 through its partners to respond to the natural disasters as well as development cooperation. Welthungerhilfe has a vision of a world in which everyone can lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty. Welthungerhilfe is looking for a MEAL Officer for its Sindh office to lead the MEAL work at provincial level. The position will be reporting to Program Manager Sindh under technical line management of the MEAL Coordinator Pakistan. The position is based at Hyderabad office and requires frequent travel to the intervention sites across the province. The position requires competencies, experience and skills to support, in particular, the Sindh program in the areas of designing various research/survey studies and writing quality reports for stakeholders, supporting partners in MEAL systems and providing technical assistance in the grants proposals development. The position holder requires in-depth understanding and demonstrated experiences in dealing with the Food & Nutrition Security programs and excellent analytical and writing skills.
9. Collect case studies and success stories to capture learnings and effects of project intervention on community.
10. Produce accurate data sheets and high-quality reports for quarterly reporting to donor on specified dates and timelines.
1. Support the WHH team, including local partners, to deliver timely, effective and high-quality MEAL services for WHH.
· Regularly conduct field visits to project sites to carry out monitoring or PDMs using standard tools and submit a detail report.
· Provide hands on capacity building support to local partners MEAL staff to ensure compliance with WHH and Donor requirements.
· Organize and document monthly MEAL meetings and visits, share up to date information and ensure needed follow up
· Exchange and cooperate closely with project management, relevant project stakeholders and partner organizations
· Support CO MEAL Unit in standardization of tools and formats according to WHH standards and project needs.
· Conduct trainings on MEAL Framework, incl. application of standardized tools and formats.
2. Ensure WHH quality standards in project monitoring, data collection and processing, accountability function and learning functions
· Orient partner organizations on WHH Pakistan Standard Operating Procedures (as per PM&E framework) with support from Country Office MEAL Unit.
· Assess data management system and provide technical support for effective reporting to partner organization.
· Closely liaise and coordinate with relevant partner staff to strategize information sharing with community on CRM
· Share feedback and complaints with programme teams and track follow-up.
· assist project staff in the communication with beneficiaries.
· Ensure proper information sharing regarding WHH key policies (especially Staff Code of Conduct) are shared with beneficiaries and all stakeholders.
· Contribute in review & feedback on assessment/ study designs; conduct and report on a range of qualitative and quantitative research studies, baseline/ end line surveys, contextual analysis, needs assessment, mid/ end term evaluations, annual reviews, final evaluations etc.
· Review and update M&E Plan on quarterly basis and share status of progress with all relevant stakeholders.
· Assist in adapting standardized formats and tools to project requirements.
3. Prepare, coordinate and follow-up on Reviews and Learning
· Set up and maintain a knowledge management system e.g. human-interest stories, visibility material, Complaint Response Mechanism, lessons learned, exchange meetings
· Organize/support/participate field-based reviews and learning events.
· Organize monthly MEAL Meetings with partners to exchange information, provide and collect updates about field activities and programme interventions, provide solutions to challenges and to assess progress.
· Participate monthly MEAL coordination and learning meetings and attend meetings of MEAL technical working group (if any)
· Ensure adequate documentation and data management of evidences by partner organization through regular data
· Collect best practices examples, which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
· Responsible for design, implementation and reporting of qualitative studies using various methods, capture key learnings and share with all relevant and management.
· Take lead in Data Management (data cleaning and analysis) related to various Studies
· Support in cross-organizational learning, which includes providing information, guidelines, lessons learned, and user-friendly learning tools on MEAL
· Minimum 3-5 years professional experience in a similar position on development projects within a national or international NGO;
· Experience with MEAL design and implementation (incl. development of tools, data processing, data analysis);
· Knowledge of participatory planning and monitoring methods;
· Very good communication and reporting skills;
· Very good contextual knowledge of community issues and social and cultural realities
· Good leadership skills
· experience in designing and implementing quantitative and qualitative researches/ M&E with a national or international NGO and/or research organization both in development as well as emergency context
· Good background in basic statistics, data management and survey design
· Experience in wide range of data collection methodologies for qualitative and quantitative studies
· Proven experience in capacity building and facilitation skills
· Flexible when faced with the varying situations and needs of data collection exercises and exhibits strong nerves under pressure
· Willingness to travel and carry out extensive field work in program areas in Pakistan
· Skilful in promotion of knowledge/ learning sharing mechanisms
Language and Skill:
· Excellent command of written and spoken English, Urdu,
· Local dialects/ Sindhi would be required;
· Good working knowledge of computers and MS Office (esp. Excel and Access); MIS is an advantage
· Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (e-mail, internet);
· Flexible and cooperative attitude; commitment towards development work;
Today, Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest non-governmental organizations in Germany. Non-profit making, non-denominational and politically independent, it is run by a board of honorary members under the patronage of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its work is funded by private donations and publ ...مزید پڑھیں