We are looking for a creative and talented video editor to join our family at DikhaDe. You will assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches the designer’s vision and is suitable for publishing. We are looking for an individual who wants to develop as a professional and who looks forward to working on new projects.
Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a unified story.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Take a brief to grasp the design team’s needs and specifications
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, other sounds, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Create graphics when and if needed to be integrated into the video
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from the design end to the client’s end
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor (Fresh applicants are welcome too)
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages ( particularly Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Adobe Photoshop)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong understanding of branding
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative and hardworking individual able to work in teams
- Qualifications and Training Certificates