Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor event consoles for real time incident events.
• Track incidents using a ticketing system and document all steps taken for future review.
• Manage high severity/customer impacting outage events, while maintaining communication to all key stakeholders and providing accurate timeline management.
• Manage a high volume centralized email inbox as well as multiple ticket queues to respond to internal and external requests.
• Follow clearly documented resolution procedures for incidents and requests.
• Maintain Service Level Agreement (SLA) compliance for Time to Engage, Time to Escalate, and Time to Fix within the Service Operations Center.
• When unable to resolve issues at the Tier 1 level, escalate incidents to on-call engineers following clearly defined standard operating procedures (SOP).
• Provide clear and detailed verbal/written communications to both internal and external parties.
• Assist in maintaining systems and product documentation to ensure the highest level of knowledge within the SOC.
• Manage high severity/customer impacting outage events, while maintaining communication to all key stakeholders and providing accurate timeline management. Be able to multi-task multiple events/outages simultaneously while working towards resolution.
• Provide communication support for scheduled and emergency maintenance events across multiple technical teams and product platforms.
• Mentor junior team members and provide technical/procedural assistance where applicable.
• Leverage technical experience to provide additional context for incidents to systems engineers which may fall outside of existing documentation.
• Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
• Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested. Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
• BS degree or Military technology experience or equivalent experience.
• One or more of the following certifications highly desired: LPI, MCITP, Server+, Network+, CCENT, CCNA, ITIL.
• 1+ years working within a 24x7x365 service/network operations center role.
• Experience with the ITIL or MOF based guidelines for service operations.
• Experienced in both Linux and Windows server based environments.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts such as DNS, IP networking, routing, etc.
• Familiarity with fundamental concepts of relational database systems and corresponding query languages.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all organization levels and at different levels of technical knowledge.
• Strong commitment to the overall customer service organization and other members of the team treating all clients, both internal and external, with the highest level of professionalism.
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently or as a team member with peers and/or senior technical staff.
• Must be available to work non-standard shifts (swing and overnight) in a 4x10 rotation providing 24/7/365 coverage.
• Experience with shell scripting and automating tasks a plus.
Experience with Network attached storage and virtualization a plus.