Business Analyst duties and responsibilities of the job
- Business Analysts conduct market analyses, analyzing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business.
- In addition, they develop and monitor data quality metrics and ensure business data and reporting needs are met.
- Strong technology, analytical and communication skills are must-have traits.
A Business Analyst job description includes
- Creating a detailed business analysis, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions for a business
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Planning and monitoring
- Financial modeling
- Variance Analysis
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders
Business Analyst job qualifications and requirements:
- Business Analysts require a Bachelor degree minimum.
- Whilst any degree is advantageous, the following subjects are useful as they’re in a similar field:
- Business Studies
- Business Administration
- Information Technology
The core skills of a Business Analyst job description should also include
- Experience working with senior decision-makers
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical background
- Advanced Excel skills
- Certification in business analyst will plus point