Accounting Administrative Assistants support accountants and other financial staff by performing some of the basic accounting duties.
- This may include preparing deposits, processing payments, creating financial reports, assisting with the budget planning, preparing and submitting tax forms and maintaining financial databases and spreadsheets.
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into computer system.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers.
Accounts and admin assistant Responsibilities:
- Performing basic office tasks, including answering phones, responding to emails, processing mail, filing, etc.
- Maintaining a database, ensuring that records are complete and current.
- Recording information, processing, and filing forms.
- Preparing checks, deposits, budgets, and financial reports.
- Updating ledgers, researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles.
- Responding appropriately to vendor, client, and internal requests.
- Ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Accounting Administrative Assistants also assist in administrative or clerical duties.
- They may answer phones, greet customers, make appointments, file paperwork, perform data entry, scan documents, receive and sort mail, and any other tasks that contribute to the function of the accounting department.