Do good work with good people for some of the best causes, campaigns, and brands around. We're looking for a front-end web developer intern to join our team.
We are proud to offer our interns competitive pay and are committed to building a diverse organization made up of people from all backgrounds.
- Work with our designers build pages in HTML and CSS, using modern web standards and clean code.
- Test our sites across desktop and mobile browsers and troubleshoot issues (especially fixing bugs in our least favorite browser, Internet Explorer).
- Learn how to create and style signup forms, contribution pages, email templates, and more.
- Modify templates and tweak existing sites built on WordPress, ExpressionEngine, and other content management systems.
- Actively communicate with senior developers, project managers, and other teammates throughout the course of a project.
- Being able to contribute to applications and frameworks is a plus, but being able to implement and write small scripts is a must.
- Experience or familiarity with responsive design.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Wordpress, ExpressionEngine, Drupal, or other content management systems.
- Expertise in cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Appreciation of the nuances of front-end performance.
- An eye for typography, whitespace, and other details that occur at the intersection of design and code.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.