ABOUT THE JOB:
Are you an enthusiastic, strongly motivated and hands-on Finance Professional? Do you have a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations, a flexible, can-do attitude in a high energy, entrepreneurial environment and do you possess strong interpersonal skills? Then we have a unique opportunity for you to become an active part of a dynamic & fast-growing environment.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to become a major contributor to our global accounting team and be responsible for coordinating the planning and execution of the statutory financial statements and external audit process for our legal entities. This position will be expected to take ownership and drive positive change including evaluating and streamlining existing processes and work cross-functionally with key business partners at global level and will represent the accounting organization to various stakeholders internally and externally including but not limited to FARO (Financial Accounting, Reporting, & Operations, and CRC (Corporate & Regulatory Compliance). This role requires excellent communication and organization skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to senior leadership, as well as a passion to continuously enhance processes and reduce manual efforts through automation or optimization initiatives.
We offer a dynamic, collegial and highly professional environment which constantly presents various opportunities for development and growth. The role will enable you to work independently as well as within different teams on both a local and international level.
Position responsibilities include:
- Own the management, review and preparation of financial reporting including sales, P&L, balance sheet, working capital and responding to requests from external auditors. Reporting unit includes multiple operating companies.
- Work with financial accounting & reporting teams to enhance and implement new reporting systems.
- Support business teams and various functions (tax, legal, treasury, supply chain etc.), for all technical accounting guidance and implementation of any new guidelines & standards.
- Involvement in any design changes from a financial standpoint (org structure, transformations, etc.) for all Reporting Unit businesses.
- Managing the preparation and review of externally published financial statements, including external audit coordination.
- Coach and develop Finance team to help members reach their full potential through individual coaching, training and career development.
- Providing FP&A finance support to the business finance teams.
- Ensures adherence to laws, regulations, guidelines, and specifications issued by the regulatory authorities concerning:
- Financial regulatory agencies
- Departments of taxation; and
- Banks and payment processors
- Qualified professionals from ACCA, CIMA, ICAP, ICAEW, AICPA, or similar.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Significant experience in end-to-end financial reporting processes, including a strong understanding of statutory filings, internal controls, audits and their related requirements.
- Regulatory experience serving an international large sized company (preferably in a fast-paced, changing environment, and multi-jurisdictional environment).
- In addition to deep technical knowledge in all aspects of the IFRS literature, a solid background in and emphasis on consolidations and transactions under common control, asset impairments, and fair value measures.
- 3+ years management experience of directly supervising and developing large teams.
- Good knowledge of Corporate Finance and accounting/reporting systems.
- Good knowledge of Accounting standards (IFRS) and ability to research more complex issues and document for review.
- Fair knowledge of Global Corporate Taxes.
- Strong Internal Controls background.
- Deep understanding of business environment, and good knowledge of product portfolio.
- Good knowledge of business principles and standard methodologies to ensure sustainability of business and support continuous performance improvement.
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills, ability to work both independently and as a team-player.
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology.
- Proactive, and results-driven, ability to correctly set priorities and meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong financial and analytical skills coupled with comprehensive business knowledge; ability to provide meaningful insight, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with cross-functional teams to drive business results.
- Results focused, self-starter with strong initiative, naturally inquisitive, able to think independently and has a desire to make a difference.