Key Responsibilities of Director Finance:
· Play an active role in developing school-level strategy and action plans for growth and sustainability.
· Attend board meetings, develop & present whole-school annual budget and prepare annual financial statements for the board.
· Participate in discussions on the school’s operational and administrative functions during central management meetings and ensure implementation and execution of the central decisions.
· Document policies, SOPs, guidelines, SLAs and checklists to provide direction, share best practices and set standards of evaluation,
· Establish and supervise accounting & reporting function for recording & documenting business and financial transactions and develop processes for preparation and dissemination of accurate and timely financial information and statements.
· Create and maintain a system of internal controls to ensure that the school’s financial resources are properly accounted for, recorded and expended in accordance with the school’s objects and approved policies of the board.
· Manage school’s surplus funds and invest in the permitted schemes and avenues in accordance with the risk appetite of the board.
· Track school’s working capital position with reference to fee collection and current liabilities’ management.
· Liaise with the heads of admin departments to make timely and accurate data available to the external auditors for the purposes of external audit and ensure issuance of audit report.
· Institute planning, compliance and reporting in-line with the Income Tax Ordinance 2001 and consult with the tax advisor to defend the school’s actions at both the executive and the appeal forums.
· Develop routines & practices for statutory compliance and reporting under the Companies Act 2017 and the applicable industrial and commercial labour laws.
· Monitor, evaluate and assure effective day to day functioning of finance & accounting, material & stores and human resource departments and provide guidance and support to their Managers and the Incharges.
· Prepare monthly financial statements, cashflow forecasts and Dashboard of monthly Management Information System (MIS).
Skills that we look for:
Desired personal attributes:
Generations School is a leading education provider in the city of Karachi. We have been providing highest level of school education to the children or Karachi for the last 22 years. We cater from Starters to A Level.