1. To take responsibility for being the first point of contact for all callers and ensuring that a high quality of service is delivered at all times.
2. To ensure that all calls are dealt promptly and in line with agreed standards and targets.
3. To establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues to ensure a ‘one team approach’ to the delivery of the company’s performance standards and the business objectives.
4. Liaise with colleagues in local offices, when appropriate to resolve enquiries.
5. To ensure that customers are advised of alternative communication methods including voicemail and email facilities.
6. To update and maintain files and database.
7. Ensuring that team members are kept up to date with any information received following attendance at meetings.
8. To take ownership and responsibility for all enquiries presented, identify clients’ needs, and utilizing appropriate questioning and listening skills to identify and offer appropriate solutions.
9. To ensure that all computerized systems are used effectively to help process clients’ enquiries and accurately maintaining all records in a time critical environment.
10. Carry out all administrative tasks and any necessary follow-up work in relation to incoming calls.
11. To maintain a comprehensive knowledge of services, policies and procedures in relation to the role.
12. To have an understanding of the key business priorities and performance indicator.
13. To represent the organization on groups and forums as required.
14. To identify ways in which the team can further improve performance and service delivery to clients.
15. To ensure a clear knowledge and understanding of team objectives and priorities and how the individual role will contribute to the achievements.
16. To provide support and assistance to colleagues within the team through training, coaching and adopting good team ethics.
17. To undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.