Video Editor plays an important role in the post-production process of videos by digitizing and organizing raw footage into refined footage suitable for public audiences. Video editor could be required to work under pressure since the job frequently entails editing high-quality videos.
Required to have extensive working knowledge of sophisticated editing software, such as Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
Video editor could also be expected to develop titles and motion graphics using software programs, such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Reviewing script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Proven work experience as a video editor and Cameraman
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Light works, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Must have strong communication skills.