As the Production Supervisor you have to implement and control Production and quality process to ensure best possible cost effective production output and quality items are manufactured and assembled safely.
Responsibilities: (The Main Job Activities)
- Fully responsible for allocated Projects.
- Responsible for cost effective and timely delivery of Projects.
- Managing resources (man power and equipment) to the best.
- Application of best engineering practices and solutions.
- Organize projects technically and discuss line manager for effective use of man power and resources.
- Allotted Projects and Man power planning and scheduling for effective deployment on allocated projects.
- Tracking of projects (with concerned Foreman) for productivity and delivery schedules.
- Able to communicate with Clients and Project Management for updates and technical issues.
- To guide team(s) for improvement in process and minimize Reworks, and utilization of resources for increase in productivity.
- Communicate with Operation, commercial, Material and CEO for updates and progress of ongoing Project/Work.
- Produce work and technical reports with team as needed.
- Enforce Company policies and ensure SAFE working conditions , Risk assessments and following best Engineering practices and work instructions.
- Explore new ideas for expedition of Production and improvement of quality for profitable returns.
- Ensure that the Safety, Quality & Environment requirements of the Company are strictly followed.
- Make sure availability of all equipments and consumable spares all the time for production.
- Check the availability of materials and consumables 2 week in advance with material Department before starting the next order, prepare requisition accordingly.
- Do preventive, corrective and emergency maintenances of all machines/Assets in company.
- Maintain records of all machine maintenance.
- Inspection of random work pieces and check quality and dimensions of parts according to drawing sizes, specifications and quality codes given by clients or Company set guidelines.
- Keep records of all inspections and quality checks.
- Stop production and correct the failure process and inform Operation Manager, Commercial Manager and CEO and keep record of such incidents in system.
- After completing a specific Item/Project, make a “Work Book completion sheet” to transfer the wedges into contractors account with the signing of authorized person.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by the section head.
Qualifications / Preferred Competencies:
- B.Sc Degree in Mechanical Engineering with experience in fabrication ( Machine shop)
- Should be able to read fabrication and other drawings.
- Should be familiar with Engineering best Practices and Quality Codes.
- Information and communication technology (ICT) literacy to deal with various technologies and programmes.
- Exceptional computer skills, including Microsoft Office and databases.
- Auto-cad Mechanical
- Suitable experience in relevant field and at least 5 years in similar position of handling of Multiple Projects and varied Fabrication/Machining works & Foremen + various tradesmen.
- Machine shop or Repair Workshop experience in small and medium fabrication / sheet metal works needed, knowledge of pipe and rigging etc. is advantageous