The Manager Career Relations will be responsible for connecting, liaising, and building partnerships with a variety of institutions including but not limited to the institutions/organizations/companies related to corporate sector, development sector, technology and engineering fields, media and communication and government sector to ensure high quality internships and job opportunities for HU students and graduates. This position will require the candidate to make visits to a number of diverse organizations on an ongoing basis, and develop linkages and partnerships for jobs and internship, career-related events, and for training and mentoring of students. The Manager will be responsible for developing strategy to maintain long-term relationships with key employers and continuously increase the Habib University employers’ network. He/she will also connect with consultants and institutions to conduct info sessions for graduate school placements. The position asks for flexibility with schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends, as and when needed.
- Identify and build long-term relationships with a variety of institutions including but not limited to the institutions/organizations/companies related to corporate sector, development sector, technology and engineering fields, media and communication and government sector to ensure high quality internships and job opportunities for HU students and graduates. Create and maintain employers’ database
- Promote Habib University and its graduates to the industry, through a variety of events, activities and tools
- Develop strategies to maintain and improve relationships with the industry on an on-going basis
- Create relevant partnerships with the potential employers for a variety of purposes including jobs, internships, partnering for final year projects, in-put for HU educational experience and students’ mentoring and training.
- Support the Head of Career Services in planning a wide range of events such as recruitment drives, information or mentoring sessions, and / or networking events with professionals from relevant industries to meet students’ personal and professional needs.
- Develop a Potential Employers Network by engaging the HU faculty, senior staff, HR Director, parents and other relevant members of Habib University Foundation Connect with consultants and institutions to line up info sessions for graduate school placements.
Facilitation for the Internships and Jobs of Current Students and Graduates
- Conduct research/surveys related to fields relevant to HU students and graduates to understand current trends, explore upcoming opportunities and capture employers’ expectations and needs.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for each graduating batch to connect them with the industry/market and facilitate them in acquiring relevant jobs
- Develop a comprehensive strategy for current students to connect them with the industry/market and facilitate them in acquiring relevant internships and support of their projects.
- Plan and organize Career Fairs, Career Conferences and other events to help students in connecting with the employers
- Developing tools to communicate with the students and keeping a track of graduates being employed and internships availed by the students
- Developing HU Job portal to connect graduates/students, employers and staff of career services
Engaging Employers for Feedback
- Work with the Office of Institutional Research and Alumni Office to design and conduct employers’ survey and alumni surveys
- Engage employers to get feedback on HU graduate performance in the market
- Collaborating with employers to seek their in-put for the preparation of graduates for job market
- Administration and Maintaining Databases
- Maintain the database of Career Services related to prospective and current employers and further developing it.
- Develop HU job portal to connect employers and graduates/students
- Lead the process of designing other needed database.
Other duties as assigned.
- Participate and support other activities of Office of Career Services
- Support as and when required for other university relate events.