To be successful in this role you must have a clear understanding of the company’s business objectives and be able to devise and implement policies which select, develop and retain the right staff to meet these objectives.
You will not only deal with recruitment and staff welfare and administration-centred activities, but also strategy and planning.
Job responsibilities include:
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy for mechanical, electrical, metallurgical, civil engineers and staff
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives
- Prepare and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges etc
- Source and attract candidates by using databases, social media etc
- Screen candidates resumes and job applications
- Conduct interviews using various reliable personnel selection tools/methods to filter candidates within schedule
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Monitor and apply hr recruiting best practices
- Provide analytical and well documented reports to the rest of the team
- Act as a point of contact and build influential candidate relationships during the selection process
- Work closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Liaise with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety.
- Develop and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Prepare staff handbooks.
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Undertake regular salary reviews.
- Negotiate with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions.
- Maintain employee records.
- Deal with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures.
- Develop HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements.
- Plan and sometimes delivering training - including inductions for new staff.
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- MBA or equivalent in HR or related field
- A minimum of 5-10years experience in technical recruiting (Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineers) other is necessary
- Linkedin, social media recruiting experience is essential
- Solid ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based, stress etc)
- Hands on experience with various selection processes (phone interviewing, reference check etc)
- Ability to organize assessment centers (in tray activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests, etc)
- Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
- Hands on experience software