Summary of employer:
Hurak is a UK based company with a branch in Lahore. We are looking for a full-time back-end developer who has strong knowledge in the Laravel framework to work from our office in Lahore. Successful candidates will have a minimum of two-years’ experience with the skills listed below.
Your primary focus will be the development of all REST APIs, definition, and maintenance of the central database. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well including Bootstrap 4, VueJS, Angular.
Job Type: Full-time
Hours: 11:00 – 20:00 (including 45 minutes unpaid rest break)
Usual workdays: Monday to Friday
Organization Name: Hurak Education Services
Responsibilities and Duties
- Write clean, secure, test-driven, easily maintainable, and modular codes
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Integration of data storage solutions may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Database designing and maintenance
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Perform UI/backend tests to optimize performance
- Implementation of security and data protection.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes
The successful candidate should:
- have a minimum of 2 years of experience in backend development of websites and apps.
- have BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
- have strong knowledge of PHP Laravel web frameworks
- understand the fully synchronous behaviour of PHP
- understand of MVC design patterns
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- have knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- have strong knowledge of REST APIs
- have familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- know Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Knowledge of consuming third-party API such as Twitter, Facebook, Google Maps, Instagram, Payment Gateway, etc.
Useful to have:
- Knowledge in front-end frameworks like Bootstrap 4, ReactJs, AngularJs, Vuejs
- knowledge in other backend frameworks like Code Ignitor or other PHP frameworks