The objective of this position is to coordinate in the construction, maintenance and expansion of organizations IT system and manage assigned projects and task components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Ensure smooth availability of services (internet connectivity) to authorized users round the clock.
- Operate and maintain the systems / networking technology infrastructure.
- Administer the all wired and wireless LAN/WAN-related network services according to company policies and procedures and administer LAN/WAN security, spam control measures.
- Manage wireless network for mobile phones/laptop for organization’s guests, wireless networking, its configuration and ensuring its working round the clock and management of asterisk server, creating extension, handling sip trunks and its configuration
- Engineer enterprise data, voice and video networks, administer AV, file servers, development and administration of Microsoft System Center technology deployed for the backup, configuration and management of IT clients.
- Provide Tier support and technical expertise in networking technology, including LAN/WAN hardware, hubs, bridges and routers
- Generate reports and analyze network system performance, utilization and compliance
- Configure, optimize, fine-tune, and monitor machines’ operating systems.
- Collaborate with support and other team members on the implementation, testing, deployment and integration of network systems
- Manage and mentor the Helpdesk team and other teams under SLAs.
- Work with vendors and other staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management.
- Plan system administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Research and recommend innovative and cost effective, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Perform backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Oversee deployment and maintenance of computer systems.
- Participate in security systems testing.
- Assists in analyzing and making recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Provide IT support for regulatory and compliance activities and manage print services & storage system.
- Implement support center to maintain the record of monthly troubleshooting performed by IT at end users and ensuring handling user request in timely manner.
- Manage DHCP Services and DR Solution implementation support.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other attributes
Master’s degree or 16 year’s education in Computer Science/Information Technology from a HEC recognized institution.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience of Information Technology or related field. Exposure of all wired and wireless LAN/WAN-related network services would be an added advantage.
Experience in Budgeting for the tasks assigned to him.
Team Working Skills to work in a team oriented working environment.
Good Problem Solving Skills at all levels.
Good Interpersonal Skills and Relationship Management Skills.
Written communication skills and presentation skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite.
Adaptability Skills in order to work in a fast paced environment with different units.
Time management skills and the ability to multi-task.