Purpose of the Job:
To be part of application development team WITH objectives of Database Design, Database Development, Database Administration, Scripting and Maintenance, aiding in Data Migration while maintaining Database Backups.
Functions & Responsibilities (duties to be performed by this position):
- Develop a database subject to the standards and managing multiple enterprise databases and/or data warehouses some of which may spawn hundreds of tables.
- To handle successful and streamlined administration IN ORDER TO avoid dead locks, keep servers up and monitor application for smooth running.
- To plan and process scripts, PL/SQL procedures, functions, triggers and jobs etc. in order to generate automated inputs and databases
- To ensure local environment integrity in order to enable smooth operations for development, QC, staging, production and showcasing
- To align and format the data in accordance with the ETL protocol (Extract Transfer Load) and verify in accordance with the system in order to integrate data into application
Documentation & Reports:
- To prepare the release notes documents for product and project, In order to provide information to QC Team or Client.
- Use BIRT Application, in order to manage and update reports.
- To convert database from one brand to another like Oracle to Postgres IN ORDER TO achieve application shifting to another database from existing.
Database Issue Resolution:
- To Fix database issues / bugs identified by QC or the client pre or post production IN ORDER TO incorporate changes or start a separate DB script
Database Release Management:
- Perform Database Sync activities IN ORDER TO incorporate new features / changes, maintain scripts, reflect changes in development and forward to QC for staging and production in parallel.
- To coordinate with other technical departments within P&SD in order to produce the best products as per client requirements
Any other task assigned by Supervisor.
Required Skills and Knowledge Areas:
- Database Analysis
- Database Administration
- Application DB Support
- SQL Development
- Linux / Redhat
- Software Engineering
- Software Development Lifecycle
- Requirement Change Management
- Requirement Traceability
- Oracle 10/11g/12c
- Issue View
- Time Management
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Risk Management