The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to the displaced and refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages and delivers large complex programs to meet needs in health, education, protection, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor & affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and currently works in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Sindh provinces.
This position is responsible for the overall management of ‘Health Information System’ (HIS) unit that include supervision of HIS team, planning and develop strategies for smooth running of the HIS functions; these are: configuration, development, organization, maintenance, security and updating of HIS databases and IRC data platform namely ‘Comprehensive Online Measurement & Effectiveness Tool’ (COMET) also known as ‘District Health Information System’ (DHIS), define & implement standards and processes for data quality management, analysis on health indicators, data sharing with other units and stakeholders, support in report writing, design and facilitate data management trainings to health staff.
Health Information System (HIS) Officer is responsible for timely data collection/verification by visiting the supported health facilities in the project districts. S/he will be responsible to improve data quality by established definitions and procedures. This position shall be based at Peshawar and required 75% travelling to project districts.
- Collection and compilation of FP PACE data in a timely manner from IRC supported health facilities by ensuring data quality standards.
- Analyze collected data and convert it into value added information according to project indicators.
- Review and refine data collection and verification processes and procedures to ensure that all desirable elements of data are captured by the system.
- Ensure data verification on need basis.
- Update and validate FP PACE data on COMET and report data entry issues.
- Upload verified data through DHIS2 data capture mobile app.
- Review and analyze data to graphically present utilization trends based on monitoring indicators.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required in support of processes for strengthening data analysis.
- Produce reports for specific needs aimed at enhancing efficiency, effectiveness and reliability of the decision making protocols.
- Support Assistant HIS Manager on report writing.
- Perform other tasks/duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Deliver on job / formal trainings on improving data quality and record keeping to all project/relevant staff.
- Support Assistant HIS Manager in DHIS2 Mobile App training.
- Provide support in updating training and inventory databases.
- Provide technical support to LHV for troubleshooting.
- Provide support for Stock outs in facilities and field visits reports.
- Minimum graduation in relevant subject from a recognized institute.
- At least 2 years of work experience in related field.
- Must be fluent in Urdu, Pashtu & English languages both written and spoken.
- Willingness and capacity to work and travel to project field areas.
- Proven analysis experience Excel etc. (SPSS will be a plus).
- Working knowledge/experience on DHIS2/COMET is preferable.
- Previous experience in health sector will be a plus.
- Must have knowledge of database management tools.