Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war and disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for approximately 40 years, managing and delivering large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, safeguarding, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. With the support of the federal and provincial governments, and generous donors like FCDO, ECHO, USAID, GAC and Australian Aid Agencies the IRC is currently implementing projects across the country.
The IRC launched 5-year USAID’s “Women’s Economic Empowerment Activity” (WEEA) to promote women’s economic empowerment through safe and dignified access to livelihood opportunities, information, resources, and services in the target districts of Pakistan. The WEEA target districts include a total of six districts in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Punjab.
Job Overview/Summary: The Office Aide is responsible for providing general clerical services in support of the program administration.
· Maintain stocks of consumables item and track record of distribution, in keeping with IRC policies and procedures, as assigned. Help to identify problems with the quality, appropriateness and usage of supplies and materials.
· Photocopy, collate, sort and distribute documents, as requested. Keep photocopy machines stocked with paper and supplied with toner.
· Ensure that office equipment and electronic appliances are maintained and used properly. Identify and report maintenance problems.
· Ensure and report repair and maintenance of office premises in timely manner.
· Assist in receiving /dispatching of goods and supplies from/to suppliers and other offices.
· Run errands, as directed / General Administration support.
· Maintain receiving and dispatch register.
· Assist supply chain in arrangement s of events/seminars/ workshop etc.
· Participate in professional training and development activities, as needed or requested.
· Assist cook in meal preparation and also serving visiting guests at office.
· Perform other duties as assigned
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Officer/Assistant
Position directly supervises: none
Indirect Reporting: None
Minimum 01 year work experience with an INGO or in offices at Sukkur.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Responsiveness to direction and willingness to learn
· Photocopying and maintaining files
· Record keeping
· Basic Computer skills is desirable.
· Demonstrate commitment to IRC’s core values and policies
· Local languages and Urdu
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
Level of interaction with children: Less Frequent direct contact with children
· IRC ensures that its staff must actively practice the roles and responsibilities related to client responsiveness, accountability to people in affected communities and must have competencies to solicits and listens to feedback and other’s perspectives, responds to feedback with maturity and sensitivity and takes appropriate decisions and makes changes to behavior or actions in response to feedback.
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates minorities and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...مزید پڑھیں