Important Note: Hiring for this position is contingent to approval by the Donor which is expected by the end of October 2020
Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 20 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 40 years, and manages and delivers large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, protection, environmental health, and livelihoods for displaced, poor, and disaster-affected communities. IRC works in partnership with local government and non-governmental organizations and is currently present in 4 provinces including Punjab, Sindh, Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) and the newly Merged Districts of KP – Ex Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA).
Reporting to the Head of Office, the Senior Manager Cash Transfer will provide leadership, program oversight, quality assurance and management support to the Cash Transfer project(s) in KP/Balochistan. S/he is responsible for supervision of all interventions of project(s), operations and management of project budget. S/he will act as IRC’s representative in the districts with relation to partners, key government counterparts, UN and/or donors, as appropriate.
· Participate in the development of a Cash Transfer implementation strategy for IRC project in consultation with Team Lead and Head of Office,
· Work closely with Finance, and the senior managers for designing CT programs
· Contribute to the development of Cash Transfer & Livelihoods Programming
Assuring Program Quality
· Overall responsible to ensure that project meet stated objectives within the timeframe and on budget.
· Ensure IRC Cash Transfer project demonstrate adherence to international and national standards, including LEGS, Sphere and others.
· With support from the program management and program quality team, ensure accountability to beneficiaries, gender sensitivity, and inclusion are adequately addressed in programming.
· Lead assessment process, including planning and reporting, to determine needs.
· Ensure technical quality and accuracy of Cash Transfer program reports from baseline collection to final evaluation.
· Conduct regular field visits to verify quality/ progress of program interventions and provide technical guidance and advice to the field teams.
· Line manages Cash Transfer team and other staff as needed.
· Ensure the development of detailed and technical program work plans and support their implementation in coordination with team.
· Ensure staff capacity building around program interventions.
· Strong coordination with other projects, cluster partners and district authorities on project implementation and information sharing
· Represent the IRC to relevant early recovery working groups/clusters, agencies and ministries on food security and livelihoods issues, as and when required.
§ Coordinate with other components and projects in KP/Baluchistan
§ Close coordination and integration of activities with the other projects
Position Reports to: Head of Office /Provincial Coordinator
Position directly supervises: Field Officers, Cash Transfer Officer
Indirect Reporting: Team Lead
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Good team player and coordination skills
· Technical knowledge on designing and managing Cash Transfer & Livelihoods initiatives,
· Working experience with NGOs or international development organization is preferable
· Proven experience in people and finances management
· Experience of networking with government and non-government organizations at local and provincial level
· Strong oral and written English, Urdu
· Work with INGOs
· Experience of working in KP/Balochistan
The IRC Core Values and Commitments
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: Less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates, minorities and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...مزید پڑھیں