Under the direct supervision of the Head of Technical Excellence (HoTE – Pakistan), the Sr. Manager Gender Equality, will be responsible for the overall management, supervision, implementation of a robust Gender mainstreaming. S/he will be instrumental in providing input, guidance, and recommendations on all gender perspectives in the work of IRC across the country intervention areas. The position holder ensures the continuous learning and improvements made in our programming and operations; further ensures the institutional capacity strengthening of the IRC Pakistan Program and its implementing partner organizations. S/he is expected to advocate for greater attention to gender perspectives.
· Develop country Gender Equality Strategy with focus on integrating gender in programs and operations;
· Design a framework for IRC programs using Gender Strategy (including Gender Markers) and develop 1-year action plan for immediate, medium-term and longer-term changes with documented support-requirements;
· Conduct gender analysis and ensure recommendations are considered in business development;
· Contribute to the design, start up and implementation of IRC programs to promote gender equality;
· Actively engage with the Gender Equality Unit to align country program work with strategic directions of the organization and to implement Gender Action Plan ;
· Secure in-country support and from Gender Equality Unit to develop training curricula and materials on gender specific issues and train of IRC staff and partner organizations on gender issues;
· Promote awareness and implementation of IASC Gender Guidelines in IRC programs in Pakistan;
· Support the Technical Coordinators & Project/Program Managers for gender mainstreaming in their respective sectors/projects through technical backstopping, training and field visits ;
· Work closely with the Research Unit to compile the analysis and interpretation of gender inequality issues and statistical data, and prepare top quality analysis and reports;
· Provide technical backstopping to partners on request on gender perspective in all aspects of the work;
· Produce high quality gender women’s rights reports/bulletins and share learning at different level.
Implementation of Gender Action Plan (GAP):
· Work with DDO and HoTE for the implementation, tracking and reporting on GAP on monthly basis;
· Work closely with the team to cultivate a gender sensitive culture in the organization by proposing and implementing concrete actions as listed in GAP;
· Build the capacities of the overall staff in understanding gender-specific dynamics and responding to respective gender concerns and needs in a wise and mature manner;
· Support the Deputy Director Safety and Security, to address female staff’s specific safety and security concerns, and to ensure gender equitable HR practices and policies by closely working with operations; team particularly the Safety and Security Coordinator, and the Human Resources Coordinator
· Provide technical support to the Gender Equality Champions to realize their work plans, roles, and responsibilities;
· Support the Women at Work ([email protected]) network upon request.
Learning and Evaluation
· Engage with program, operations and MEAL team to maintain an up-to-date gender analysis of the program and operations on periodic basis as per Good and Great Standards of IRC;
· Review ToRs, reports and other documents produced by MEAL and provide quality inputs from gender perspective;
· Work closely with client responsiveness team develop gender appropriate proactive and reactive; channels and tools, analysis of clients’ data and propose corrective actions from gender perspective;
· Capture innovation in gender equality and share learning with senior staff in country, technical unit in region and HQ to contribute in IRC’s global learning and replicating the good practices across the globe
Coordination and Representation
· Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders - including local partners, NGOs, UN agencies and other IRC sectors to enhance multi-agency and multi-sectoral cooperation and coordination.
· Ensure other sectors incorporate access to services for women and girls and gender mainstreaming into their programs through trainings and gender sensitive program development
· Represent IRC in relevant coordination meetings, public and policy advocacy foras, conferences and trainings
Reports Directly To: Head of Technical Excellence, Pakistan
Works Directly with: GESI Manager (KP), GESI officer (Balochistan), Gender Equality Champions, Women @Work
Internal: Program, Operations, Finance and Security Teams, Provincial Heads, Regional Gender Equality Advisor
External: Key Coordination Forums (humanitarian and development), I/NGOs, Partners, Government and Donors
Required Qualification and Skill:
Knowledge and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, health, social work, humanities or other related discipline;
· Familiarity with the Gender Equality standards and gender mainstreaming strategies;
· Minimum 5 years of professional experience in similar roles with reputable I/NGOs and/or UN agencies;
· Demonstrated experience facilitating trainings and workshops on gender related concepts;
· Experience in working collaboratively and/or advocating with other sectors and teams to promote gender equality and prioritize needs of women and girls;
· Experience in gender sensitive project design, proposal development, and fundraising.
Skills & abilities
· Good interpersonal and team building skills and knowledge of participatory approaches;
· English skills needed: Good oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, honest and highly responsible;
· Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
· Flexibility, adaptability, culturally sensitivity, sense of humor.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values (Integrity, Service, Accountability and Gender Equality) and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. The IRC operates and enforces policies on Adult safeguarding, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment and Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation. IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures, and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...مزید پڑھیں