Background/IRC Summary: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war and disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC has been working in Pakistan for approximately 40 years, managing and delivering large, complex programs to meet the needs in health, education, safeguarding, environmental health and livelihoods for displaced, poor and disaster affected communities. With the support of the federal and provincial governments, and generous donors like FCDO, ECHO, USAID, GAC and Australian Aid Agencies the IRC is currently implementing projects across the country.
The IRC launched 5-year USAID’s “Women’s Economic Empowerment Activity” (WEEA) to promote women’s economic empowerment through safe and dignified access to livelihood opportunities, information, resources, and services in the target districts of Pakistan. The WEEA target districts include a total of six districts in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sindh and Punjab.
Job Overview/Summary: Supply Chain Assistant is a member of the IRC’s Supply Chain team in Sindh Pakistan. This position is responsible to assist Supply Chain Manager / Supply Chain officer in day to day operational activities includes maintaining office building, paying utility bills in time, inventory management, procurement, housekeeping, fleet management and logistical support to all program activities. The position is based in the IRC’s Field office Sukkur.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Officer Position directly supervises/:N/A
· Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, BBA, BA
· Minimum 2 years’ working experience with NGOs/INGOs or corporate business organizations.
· Preference will be given to local candidates
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Good command in computer skills.
· Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
· Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude.
· Ability to communicate efficiently at all levels within the organization.
· Must be able to work across multiple functions of the business.
· Have a high level of attention to detail.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
· The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
· IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
o Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children
· IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates minorities and differently abled persons are highly encouraged to apply.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...مزید پڑھیں