Supply Chain Officer is a key member of the IRC’s Supply Chain team in Sindh Pakistan. This position is responsible to oversee day to day operational activities includes; maintaining office building, paying utility bills in time, inventory management, procurement, housekeeping, fleet management and logistical support to all program activities. The position is based in the IRC’s Field office Ghotki.
Responsible for creating and managing a list of Contracted Suppliers based on the IRC’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at filed office.
- Ensures efficient and timely procurement of services, supplies and distribution of goods to the program sites.
- Responsible for executing contracts with suppliers based on their assessed ability to provide high quality goods and services, short delivery time, and value for money
- Conduct market surveys in key categories to ensure that IRC is receiving best value for money
- Document each procurement request fully and clearly according to IRC policy.
Property, Storage, and Inventory Management
- Managing inventories, including but not limited to: receipt, assignment, distribution of stock; warehousing storage of equipment, materials, supplies; fixed asset and capital asset registers and inventory checks.
- Generate reports as per management and donor requirements.
- Ensure efficient use and good maintenance of all assets, with special attention to ensuring that communications equipment and channels are well maintained and in working order at all times to the extent possible. As required, ensure that back-up power and communications systems are available, regularly tested and used as needed.
Administration and Office Management
- Maintain office petty cash payments through program advance, carryout timely payment of utility bills and make adjustment of advancement in Ghotki Office.
- Maintenance of a good filing system to control admin files including but not limited to, internal and external correspondence, contracts, and appropriate subject files. Ensure confidentiality of sensitive files.
- Ensure that the office is adequately equipped with necessary supplies and equipment. Supervise the office stationary store, including ordering and distribution of stationery supplies and basic office equipment.
- Ensures that office equipment, air conditioners, and generators are kept in optimum working order, through correct usage and periodic maintenance; negotiate maintenance and repair contracts.
- Prepare and submitted supply chain reports on monthly basis.
Donor Compliance and Coordination
- Good Knowledge of procurement policies, procurement plans and inventory reports as per different donor format.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Supply Chain Manager Position directly supervises: Office Aide, Cleaner, Cook, Drivers
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, MBA, MA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with INGO/NGO in the field of Supply Chain.
- Preference will be given to local candidates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Detail-oriented with strong communication skills
Working Environment: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Location & field areas: The position will be based at Ghotki.
The IRC Core Values and Commitments;
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
- IRC is committed to ensuring that IRC staff is suitable to work with children and have the knowledge s/he needs to uphold and abide by the IRC’s Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Level of interaction with children: less frequent direct contact with children
- IRC recognizes that gender equality is fundamental to the achievement of our organizational mission. As such, IRC is committed to the promotion of gender equality in all aspects of our operations and programs. Our organizational policies, procedures and actions demonstrate this commitment.
Women candidates and persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply.