• Directly support the Chief of Party (COP) in the design, roll-out, and day-to-day management and implementation of technical program interventions and analysis
• Provide leadership and technical expertise on the components of the program concerning women-led entrepreneurship and employment development, market relevant technical, vocational, and business skills development, value chain analysis/development, financial inclusion, market linkages, and business development services.
• Develop and implement the guidance notes/SOP’s for all pathways of the Economic Empowerment component, orient/train implementing partner (IP) staff for the timely and successful completion of the USAID’s WEEA work plan and the achievement of component goals and objectives
• Provide direction and technical oversight of and monitor staff in their implementation of project work plans and quality of technical activities, including program budget oversight and monitoring and evaluating project activities.
• Conduct and incorporate survey/assessment information and additional analysis to target activities - including the selection of value chain or economic focus; identify opportunities for growth for specific value chain portfolios including existing gaps and areas for innovation and expansion.
• Manage external relations by representing the project and the organization and ensuring the dissemination of information about project achievements and lessons learned.
• Forge and maintain solid cooperation with partner organizations and other key stakeholders including but not limited to government officials.
• Work with the private sector, identify gaps and opportunities, and design a comprehensive private sector engagement and strengthening strategy for Women’s employment and business development.
• Conduct frequent field visits to program sites to monitor activities and engage local stakeholders.
• Liaise with the sub partner on project interventions, provide technical support and manage their work plans related to women-led entrepreneurship and employment development, market relevant technical and vocational skills development, value chain analysis/development, market linkages, and business development services.
• Coordinate with the relevant government departments and stakeholders to keep the project interventions on track.
• Create linkages with formal and informal financial institutions and job providers to facilitate project beneficiaries to start small businesses and get jobs.
• At least ten years of work experience in business development programs, preferably in a developing country.
• A Master’s degree in a Business Development, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
• Experience in the development of women-led micro and home-based enterprises and workers is highly preferred.
• Also demonstrated experience managing people and processes in home-based enterprise ventures, and leading teams to produce deliverables that will increase income of home-based enterprises and their workers.
• Demonstrated experience in strategy development, with a strong emphasis on organizational position and marketing (leveraging results).
• A deep understanding of key gender equality considerations, design, approaches, and indicators for women’s economic empowerment and equality
• Experience providing capacity building, including one-on-one or small group technical assistance, and creating related tools and resources.
• Fluent in English and Urdu languages both (both writing and speaking)
• Previous work experience in the context of Pakistan and specifically the focused areas of the call i.e. KP and Merged Districts – ex FATA as well as familiarity with local language and culture are highly desirable.
• In-depth understanding of national/provincial laws related to women harassment at the workplace and labor laws.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a leading global relief and development organization, established in 1933, and currently working in 42 countries worldwide. IRC has been working in Pakistan for over 30 years, and manages & delivers large, complex programs to meet needs in health, educatio ...مزید پڑھیں