Coordinates and administers research study associated activities. Assists in project planning, and ensures that pre-established work scope, study protocol, budget and regulatory requirements are followed. Recruits and coordinates research subjects, as appropriate, and serves as principle administrative liaison for the project. Oversees and coordinates the provision of administrative and staff services to the investigators; develops and maintains recordkeeping systems and procedures.
1. Is responsible for all facets of programming and service development and delivery, from proposal writing (in conjunction with the fund developer), through planning, budgeting, implementation, evaluation and report writing.
2. Plans and coordinates the initiation of research study protocol, and the establishment of operating policies and procedures.
3. Prepares research ethics board applications
4. Plans, implements, and maintains data collection and analysis systems in support of research protocol; may coordinate the collection and analysis of research data.
5. Recruits, instructs, and coordinates research subjects and/or volunteers, as appropriate to specific study objectives and work scope.
6. Ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities; acts as the primary administrative point of contact for internal research staff and as the principle operational liaison for other research organizations, funding agencies and regulating bodies.
7. Coordinates the day-to-day activities of any technical support staff specifically engaged in the carrying out of research/clinical protocol, as appropriate to the position; may perform aspects of research protocol, as required, in accordance with specified program objectives.
8. Plans and coordinates the staffing of research studies, to include the recruitment, training, supervision and administration of research support staff, as appropriate to the activity.
9. Supervises and coordinates the provision of support services to investigators and researchers.
10. Monitors the progress of research activities; develops and maintains records of research activities, and prepares periodic and ad hoc reports, as required by investigators, administrators, funding agencies, and/or regulatory bodies.
11. To implement quality control process throughout the conduct of the trial.
12. To maintain appropriate fiscal controls to ensure all programs are within the scope of the study budget.
13. To perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned including support for other related programs
Complies with IRD Policies and Procedures.
· A Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Social Sciences or other closely related fields from an accredited college or university.
· Excellent oral and writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power-point is essential. Experience of statistical software such as Stata, SAS or SPSS is highly desirable.
· Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in Urdu or in any of the provincial languages of Pakistan is highly desirable.
· Successful supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects independently and work constructively as part of a team required.
On a regular and continuous basis, exercise administrative judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, consequences and results having an impact on people, costs and quality of service
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only candidates who are short-listed for interviews or for whom reference checks are requested for a position will be contacted. Your CV and cover letter will be retained in our global database and we may contact you for a current or future position that may be of interest to you. Thank you for your time and interest
pIRD is an international grants-based research and service organization committed to saving lives through improvements in public health and development. We create opportunities for scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs that maximize the impact of health and development interventions in low-income ...مزید پڑھیں