Planning and Management of Audits
Management of External Audits;
- Preparation of TORs for external auditor selection
- Proper planning of the statutory audit and ensure that all working papers are readily available.
- Preparation of final account along with all necessary notes/schedules.
- Anticipate project audit requirements and plan appropriately. Pre-audit document inspection and avail all documentation before the commencement of audit fieldwork.
- Review and respond to audit queries and discuss with the auditor before going back. Escalate high-risk issues and potential financial disallowances to the Finance Manager.
- Follow-up on the issuance of draft reports and drafting of management comments in consultation with all stakeholders, getting updates in the system, follow up with action by stakeholders, and share reports with senior management.
- Follow-up on implementation of ICR recommendations by stakeholders along with challenges if any.
- Review and posting of audit adjustment entries.
- Review of FAR and its Reconciliation with GL.
- Manage project audit planning and share with all stakeholders.
- Finalize and updates project audit, engage audit firms as per guidelines, and share project reports and prepare draft project accounts with auditors and engages them for timely completion of the audit with coordination and clarity from all stakeholders and according to donor guidelines.
- Make sure financial results on audited accounts are aligned with the shared final reports with donors before sharing the final draft for signing.
- To ensure all office's financial management is in accordance with the donor guidelines and regulatory requirements by conducting periodic spot checks of all offices.
- Monthly review of Venders/employees payables/receivables schedules and coordinate with the operations section for clearing outstanding amounts.
- Identify business process risks and developing test methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls and action points for stakeholders for corrective measures.
- Coordinate with the internal auditor for internal audit planning, internal audit observations, and follow-up for actions with stakeholders where required.
- Coordinate and support in identification and management of risks, financial risks, risk register, and mitigating measures, and provision of key risk reports to senior management.
- Conducting investigations on irregularities and errors
Development and Updating of Audit processes, and capacity building of stakeholders:
- Development of n Updtion of audit processes, and capacity building of stakeholders for compliance.
- Partners capacity assessments and due diligence as per IR policy for all stakeholders
- Capacity building of partners
- Spot check of partners as per grant/agreements conditions
Support on Governance matter;
- Support finance manager/company secretory for company annual returns and submission of accounts.
- Ensure the SECP monthly compliance set for NPOs.
- Review of IR policies and Updation as per requirements.
· It is essential that the post holder shows a good understanding and sympathy with the organizational values and principles, vision and mission as well as a commitment to its safeguarding, diversity, and Inclusion.
· We have a zero-tolerance policy towards sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment so it is expected from the post holder to demonstrate the adherence through action and behavior.
CA, ACMA, ACCA
Overall 9 years of experience is required in Finance dep.
At least 5 years of experience in internal audit, risk management, and compliance. Having experience in managing key requirements of humanitarian donors like ECHO/EU, UNICEF, UNDP, UN, OCHA, SIDA, and WFP, etc.
MS Office, Outlook, ERP systems familiarity
Urdu & English
Key Personal Qualities:
· Strong emotional intelligence and resilience, and able to maintain self-control in difficult situations.
· Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
· Good communication skills in local as well as English / Urdu language
· Has a positive nature and able to overcome issues that create hindrances in the achievement of entrusted goals/objectives.
· Has a learning attitude and a continuous improvement philosophy.
Value Added Skills
AX dynamic ERP and Atlas Reporting