Jalal Sons is a renowned name of quality bakery items. In year 2000 it became one of the best bakery of Lahore. At the moment Jalal Sons intends to expand its business in other cities with a wide range of products e.g. Grocery, bakery items, live cooking, cosmetics and crockery.
Jalal Sons is an equal Opportunity Provider.
Candidate will be responsible for following tasks:
- Handling all cash transactions and transactions through credit cards
- Ensure that all customers are given receipts for goods/items purchased
- To be responsible for maintaining and charging prices of items as per prescribed price structure and ensure that no customer is over-charged or under-charged
- Ensure that all items/goods having bar codes are duly scanned and priced accordingly and ensure that all items/goods which normally have bar codes are bar coded, and in case bar code is missing, shall promptly report to supervisor or branch manager
- Deal customers with smiling face, courtesy and politeness
- Ensure prompt and quick billing of customer’s purchases, avoiding any hassle and undue delay
- Ensure that billing machine tray is open only after customer’s billing, otherwise, in case of no billing requirement, tray remains closed
- Count cash while resuming duty and reporting it to supervisor and branch manager.
- Count cash and reconcile it with cash machine transactions recorded during duty hours and be responsible for any cash shortage or excess; and reporting it to supervisor and branch manager before handing over duty to next cashier.
- Assist helper/salesman to put goods/items purchased by customers in shopping bags as and when required so that customer does not have to wait unnecessarily
- Check bakery items packed in boxes for weight and price to be charged and ensure that all bakery items are properly priced, weighed and then billed accordingly
- Constantly monitor (at each transaction) currency forgery, ensuring that no counterfeit currency is received; be responsible for all kinds of forgery /counterfeit currency; in case counterfeit currency is detected, immediately contact branch manager/supervisor; and in such a case, dealing customer with courtesy and politeness.
- Sort, count, and wrap currency and coins as per prescribed process
- Observe company’s rules, regulations and prescribed processes
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene around work place.
- In case of cash machine disorder/un-serviceability, ensure that all transactions are duly recorded manually in register mentioning date, item(s) price and total individual bill (but this is an emergency measure); immediately inform branch manager/supervisor and request for machine replacement
- Maintaining complete record of all cash receipts/ payments in cash machine/register
- Observe high level of punctuality, arriving at duty place half an hour before duty hour to ensure smooth handing-taking over of cash counter from previous cashier on duty; and to resolve any pending cash issue in the presence of branch manager/supervisor