The Admin and Logistic Assistant is responsible for managing clerical services, communications, facilities, fleet, warehouse, hotel bookings and other general and logistics support services to facilitate overall program goals and objectives. In addition s/he will ensure maintaining and implementing administrative and logistics systems and services and to ensure quality services are delivered.
- Manage all logistical requirements including requested hotel bookings, conference room arrangements, activity event planning and travel support, etc. Coordinate with Jhpiego Country Office, when required
- Processes logistics requests from program and ensures follow-up action completed
- Collect distribution records from programs and reconcile with the release documents
- To check all invoices for logistics services against service requests made from the logistics office. Verifies, summarizes and submits invoice package to the supply/logistics officer for certification.
- Monitors the status of incoming international supplies, status monitoring and correspondence with the Jhpiego country office.
- Liaison with users/customers in order to organize reception of goods. If goods are not going directly to user/customer, the assistant will organize safe reception in the organizations warehouses
- Supervises the day to day activities of the organization-appointed clearing agent. Keeps them informed of all inbound shipments and ensures that all documentation necessary for clearing is provided to the forwarder. Follows up with the central supply office for provision of exemption requests.
- Monitors and summarizes all expenditure and provides activity report to the Manager Administration.
- Executes additional administration tasks at the request of the Manager Administration.
- Provides goods status reports to concerned program and to the logistics unit at country level
- Performs other duties, as needed or requested.
Requirement Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social science, or equivalent.
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience of an increasingly responsible Program work at least 2 years of which involved providing secretarial or administrative & logistic support to Program Team / Project Team.
- Self-management (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability) and the ability to project a professional, consistent image of confidence, integrity, and competence.
- Proven ability to work in a team
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage day to day interactions with contracted external service providers and analyze their performance.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- 2-4 year(s) relevant experience of increasingly responsible office administration and close knowledge of the local Karachi market is a must in term of vendor’s identification
- The contract duration will be 1 year.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be considered for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer