Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University, USA. For more than 40 years and in over 150 countries, Jhpiego has worked to prevent the needless deaths of women and their families. Jhpiego is dedicated to improving the health of women and families in developing countries. In Pakistan Jhpiego will be working with guidance and support from Global USAID funded Maternal and Child Health Survival Program, on “ Accelerating Family Planning in Pakistan” (AFPP) to quickly accelerate the achievement of Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) objectives in Pakistan . This is a one year project and will be working in three provinces of Pakistan- Sindh, Punjab, and Baluchistan.
- Act as Project Focal Point in district
- Maintain coordination with District Authorities including Deputy Commissioner, District Health Officer, Focal Person MNCH, District Population Welfare Officer, Coordinator LHW Program, DSM PPHI, district coordinators of other MCH component partners at district level
- Coordinate with Project Provincial office for seeking guideline and providing update regarding the implementation of work plan
- Ensure data collection and reporting from designated health facilities
- Prepare / Compile monthly reports in accordance with work plan
- Act as a team leader of district level team and provide them support in planning, management, implementing trainings and M&E
- Coordinate ,organize and oversee FP/PPFP training conducted at the FPTU and other technical assistance for quality interventions.
- When and where needed, Train, Coach and provide supportive supervision of all technical staff posted at their selected health facilities attached with FPTU for the provision of quality FP/PPFP Services
- Ensure that relevant FP/PPFP data from their facilities is timely entered and reports are made available at the project office
- Organize and conduct joint supportive supervisory visits in the selected health and population facilities.
- Facilitate the visits by Donor /partners visit as and when required by Head Office
- Represent Jhpiego at district level at all relevant forums including MMC, DHMPT, DHN, MRM etc
Required Qualification & Experience:
- MBBS, MPH or Master degree in Management will be preferred
- Minimum 03 year of coordination & project management experience in Health Sector
- Three to five years of training experience is required ,experience in family planning is preferred
- Should have preferably worked in project or field related activities.
- Should have a good working experience of managing coordination with Government Sector
- The candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment with an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal, team management, ICT & report writing skills
- Good computer skills and experience of working in MS words, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent coordination skills with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and professionalism
- The Contract duration will be 1 year.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer