Jhpiego is implementing a maternal and child health program to introduce and scale up high-impact maternal, newborn and child health interventions in Sindh. Jhpiego seeks a Manager MIS (MER) for this project. The position is described below and is based in Karachi, Pakistan
- Ensure that new data that is being collected by USAID implementing partners on health facilities is uploaded onto the web portal on a regular basis
- Ensure that routine information being collected by MCHIP/Jhpiego and M&E Officers of NGO sub-awardees is uploaded on to the web portal
- Maintain real time monitoring systems for monitoring of community support groups and facility monitoring checklist
- Develop and maintain real time monitoring data base and system for health facilities
- Develop and maintain a database of indicators.
- Manage all aspects of IT implementation of software & hardware for M&E section.
- Apply logical checks on all above mentioned datasets to ensure the error free data submission.
- Work closely with Manager M&E to conduct Data Quality Audits (DQA).
- Capacity building of M&E staff on development of real-time application using Mobile Data Studio.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- University degree in public health, sociology, management,computers, statistics, or other social science area; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 – 6 years of work experience supporting technical or programmatic activities in health sector or other health areas (experience with health facilities setting a plus);
- Working experience in ASP.NET, SQL server, MySQL, development of Android based applications, Mobile Data Studio, tablet based data collection, processing, analysis and presentation of data.
- Expertise in Google ODK server, fusion tables and google maps.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Availability and willingness to travel up to 40% time.
- Experience with Health Sector projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.