Jhpiego, an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is implementing Maternal and Child Health Integrated Program to introduce and scale up high-impact maternal, newborn and child health interventions in Sindh Province. Jhpiego seeks suitable candidates for the following position, based in Karachi of Sindh province.Program Assistant provides administrative and management assistance to the MCHIP Program team.
- Support and facilitate in trainings
- Preparation of pre, during and post training activities
- Support communication team to raise the purchase request, travel Forms and other logistic and technical Support
- Facilitate the business coordinators and private sector coordinator to process their travel forms and travel claims
- Ensure technical material for training
- Also serve as a focal person of the trainings like Implants etc.
- Maintain, handling and record keeping of technical Store
- Assist technical program Officers and other technical staff in drafting, finalizing and updating program activity reports
- Maintain decentralized files for the various activities under assigned technical unit
- Collate all transportation needs of technical staff and various activities in the technical unit and inform Finance Assistant on regular basis to ensure a comprehensive plan of transportation schedule for the office
- Provide administrative assistance during technical unit meetings and workshops
- Assist program to produce letters, documents, reports and presentations and materials for distribution (including word processing, computer graphics, layout, photocopying, etc.)
- Ensure distribution of trip reports to appropriate project- Services staff
- A bachelor’s degree in public health, business, management, or another related field. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel or other data management software is a plus.
- Knowledge of any SMS hub software such as Frontlines SMS, Text It, Tele rivet or other similar software is desirable but not necessary.
- At least two years’ experience of increasing responsible positions with administration and office management with an international organization.
- Ability to work independently (proactive and with a good sense of initiative).
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with a service oriented outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Fluent in written and spoken Sindhi.
- Ability to work well with colleagues and meet deadlines with minimal supervision in multi- cultural environment.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts in other agencies and organizations worldwide.
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments under pressure of deadlines.
- Willingness to work on a wide range of tasks.
- Ability to work long hours where there is need.
Note: Only shortlisted candidate will be consider for an interview. The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer