This R&D & Quality and Dairy Product Manager will support a strategic industrial customer through development of new products with an emphasis on understanding and applying new technology to the finished products. A demonstrated understanding of dairy products (Butter, Cheese Butter, Barfi, Flavored milk products, Yogurt and dairy foods processing will be used to support the expanding importance of dairy ingredients in core Khalis Outlet 365 products.
- Lead and perform all dairy products development
- Provide excellent product development support for seasoning development team
- Manage and/or execute commercialization of products (understanding of processes and operations for dairy products manufacturing)
- Employ strong understanding of consumer and general sensory testing, including its application to product development
- Design and manage experiments
- Investigate and assess new ingredients and technologies available for product development improvements
- Collect and interpret data
- Apply knowledge of dairy ingredients and flavors, their major vendors, and performance attributes (including flavor, functionality, and quality)
- Development and grading of cheese for use in dairy powder development
- Development of enzyme modified cheeses for use in dairy product development
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR ALL LEVELS
- BS Degree in Dairy Science and Food Engineering & Food Science/Engineering .
- Formulation experience with development knowledge of dairy ingredients such as cheeses, enzyme-modified cheeses, buttermilk, whey and/or sour cream
- Proven ability to interpret scientific data, including sensory and analytical, and commercialization.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of people.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with external and internal customers
- High degree of ownership and professional commitment
- Proven success multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity and innovative thinking
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in dairy product development, dairy commercialization and/or cheese making with a major food company or a food ingredient company
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in dairy product development, dairy commercialization and/or cheese making with a major food company or a food ingredient company
Proficiency in vendor management and development including the identification of new cheese, enzyme, and other dairy ingredients.