The main job of a Key Account Manager is to plan, strategize and implement the sales programs in particular retail grocery stores. Key Account Manager must have strong PR with retail stores which could help him to introduce the Home & Personal care products in different retail stores. He needs to constantly visit the stores, analyze the market, the consumption capacity of the consumers and project the expected return. Any immediate problem regarding sales needs to be addressed and all the administrative decision regarding sales in a region needs to be taken by him. Key Account Manager needs to be a good manager, organizer, and a leader. Good analytical skills and quick decision-making abilities are the most basic requirements for the Key Account Manager.
- Maintaining and increasing sales of the company's products.
- Keeping up to date with products and competitors.
- Establishing, maintaining and expanding customer base.
- Maintaining & handling all retail key accounts.
- Increasing business opportunities through various routes to market.
- Developing sales strategies and setting targets.
- Giving feedback on sales trends.
- Setting sales targets for individual reps and your team as a whole.
- Recruiting and training sales staff.
- Allocating areas to sales representatives
- Should have a degree in BBA or MBA
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good communication and 'people skills'
- Confidence, motivation and determination
- The ability to work well on your own and also as part of a team
- Good organizational and time management skills
- The ability to deal with rejection
- Attention to detail
- The ability to develop in-depth knowledge about your products and markets
- Sales experience of minimum 2 years in FMCG sector
- Good PR with retail stores
- Own transport would be preferred