Kids U is a growing Accredited Early Childhood Learning Institute in Alberta , Canada and guided by our Core Values of Knowledge, Innovate, Development, Service and Upliftment. For children in the ages zero to six, we offer best-in-class child care as well as preschool and kindergarten programs that build experiences and influence the development of executive functions. Our curriculum is backed by scientific research and this approach prioritizes how a child learns instead of what they learn.
We are looking for a creative Instructional Designer to guide the design and development of online coaching programs and various adult learning programs. Bring your creativity and enthusiasm to our company to help us change the way children learn!
As an expert in both, technology and education, you will take end-to-end responsibility to develop engaging and effective content for the immediate programs identified. You are a confident self-starter with a track record for taking initiative and working towards continuous improvement. You’re passionate about the impact of learning and development on business and draw energy and excitement from taking on new projects and challenges. You embrace a collaborative workplace culture where you can work alongside the business teams to produce best-in-class training solutions using a variety of tools and web technologies.
This is a remote role but the candidate must be resident of Islamabad/Rawalpindi.
Also the candidate will be working in the hours and time that matches the time zone of his/her Manager (Specifically Canada)
- Conduct needs assessments and develop course strategies
- Develop specific and measurable learning objectives
- Apply pedagogical principles as appropriate in course planning and strategy
- Leverage the features and functionality of our system for optimized learner experience
- Guide subject matter experts through course creation process
- Edit and organize source content to create creative, learner-centric e-Learning modules
- Organize and advise on additional course assets and requirements
- Prepare course storyboards for client approvals and developer use
- Write succinct and accurate instructional content
- Design engaging e-Learning and instructor-led training programs
- Create instructor manuals, participant manuals, and presentations for instructor-led programs
- Design effective formative and summative assessment activities
- Maintain open, clear communications with all team members throughout project
- Escalate project issues in a timely manner to the appropriate internal stakeholders
- Practice with various assessment types would be an asset
- A degree or diploma in instructional design
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an instructional design role designing, developing, and/or implementing interactive e-learning programs/courseware
- Experience designing web-based and instructor-led course development
- Proficiency with Microsoft suite is required
- Experience with any rapid authoring tools is beneficial
- Is a flexible team player with strong communication skills
- Someone who has the ability to build and assess a storyline, make a template, build/edit a presentation and video
- Experience with video tools and animation is preferred
- A business partnership is a key attribute as the individual will be collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Advance e-learning skills; writing and building scenarios
- Someone who can hit the ground running
- Candidates have to be able to manage competing priorities/projects at the same time
We offer a competitive salary, an entrepreneurial culture and a chance to excel for those who like to take on challenges.