The web designer/developer assists in the production of websites and posting web related content online. Responsibilities include: designing page layouts and custom graphics, formatting content, creating CSS, quality assurance testing, converting HTML files to & from Photoshop documents and more.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Dividing time between Web Development, Web Designing and Posting/Converting activities
- Coordinating with different departments to ensure delivery
- Develop web applications/pages using HTML, HTML5, PHP, CSS, XML, CMS and XHTML
- Provide technical advice during product development stages
- Design user-friendly and visually appealing websites
- Ensure company goals and needs are met in the design process
- Provide design and logistic advice on what each website will need
- Design / Manage newsletters and other marketing material
- Test functionality of websites in various browsers for quality assurance
Education: Diploma in Web, Bachelors or higher
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
- They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.