Facilitate Office/Departmental Communication and Coordination by
- Performing activities relating to communication and coordination (within the department and externally), including typing various documents, such as emails, announcements, minutes, reports, etc.
- Providing support in streamlining processes for the area/department
- Providing support in arranging/coordinating seminars, lectures, sessions, etc. (including arranging for relevant marketing materials, photocopies, etc)
- Assisting in planning and coordinating various activities at the departmental and/or school level
- Arranging local and international travel and stay for faculty who attend conferences, seminars, training courses, etc. Coordination with research committee to get approval.
- Coordinate with HR for the recruitment of faculty, TA and RA.
Play a Customer Service Role, by
- Providing relevant information to and interact with the students (and parents if required)
- Attending to, and following up on student queries/complaints/requests
- Escalating issues to appropriate faculty member if required; document issues via an email to supervisor
- Dealing with enquiries regarding the school and its various programs and activities.
Performing critical record-keeping activities, such as
- Maintaining department-specific files in an organized manner/system
- Keeping record of different committees such as Disciplinary Appeal Committee, Sabbatical and Leave Policy committee, Research Committee, Value and Ethics Committee, Marketing and placement committee etc.
- Generating various reports as and when requested
- Assisting in various recruitment activities for the department, short listing of candidates, interview arrangements etc.
- Assisting HOD & faculty in collection of material for their research projects.
- Assisting HOD & faculty in finalizing course outlines, and course package, search and assembling of reading material from Harvard, library, JSTOR etc.
- Taking class participation notes during classes.
- Assisting HOD in grading, arrangement for coordinator’s meetings, grades finalization committees meetings etc.