What will I have to do as Games Artist?
- As Game Artists you will be creating the visual elements of a game, such as characters, scenery, objects, vehicles, surface textures, clothing, props, and even user interface
- You will also create concept art which help communicate the proposed visual elements during the pre-production phase.
Will I need a qualification?
- To be able to apply as Game Artists you will be needing to have a Bachelor’s Degree i.e. BFA or Diploma in an art subject, such as fine art, graphic design or illustration.
- You should also know how to use 2D packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator etc.
Is this role right for me?
To do this role, you will need to:
- Have an art portfolio demonstrating a range of work and originality of style.
- Be able to draw from life.
- Be able to convey facial expressions and emotions.
- Have a flair for colour, composition, perspective, modelling and texturing techniques, lighting and mood.
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently.
- Be imaginative and creative.
- Pay close attention to detail and have strong powers of observation.
- Have good communication skills..